Tuesday, December 3, 2013

DIY Coffee mug cover

Hey Kittens!
I know Im a few hours late on this post, but Ive been busy crafting all day.
Anyway, are you short on cash?
Do you have a coffee lover in your life that you have no idea what to get for christmas?
Or maybe you want to add a little something to their stocking?
Well I have a little DIY for you guys.
DIY coffee cup covers!

What you will need
  • A coffee cover
  • Some fabric (I got a small square of fabric at walmart of $1.00)
  • Scissors
  • A hot glue gun
  • Gluesticks for hot glue gun



So take the coffee cover

And the fabric of choice



And lay them out 


Next you will roughly cut out the size and shape of the coffee cup cover into the fabric, but making it a bit larger then the cover.

So then you should end up with something like this

Then from there you will start folding the edges over the cardboard and glueing
Then you should end up with something like this.



Keep in mind it doesnt have to be neat on this side, because this is the inside and we will be covering it up anyway. Just make sure the fabric is flat on the other side.

Next you will just flip it over and repeat the same step, but cutting this piece without the extra fabric to fold over. Then just glue that on the back covering all the cardboard. try and make this side more neat and make sure when hot glueing you avoid getting large lumps underneath the fabric, because it will make it hard to get it on the coffee cup if you do. Try and keep everything smooth and avoid  burning yourself like I did!


if you have any extra fabric on the ends after glueing, just trim them and clean them up so that you cant see any of it from the outside.




Next you just glue the ends together and hold firmly
 (I like to measure where it fits on my cup to make sure it isnt to big or to tiny after the fabric has been put on.)




Then you can  try it on your mug once the glue has dried and
BAM your done!
Well, unless of course you want to personalize it with buttons, Sewing/glueing on a patch or two , or stitching letters on there. The possibilities are endless!
I plan on sewing the letter D on it to personalize it for the person Im giving this to because her name starts with a D

These are so cute and easy to make
I might just make myself one later on!

I hope you enjoyed this DIY
If you have any other DIY's youd like to see o any other suggestions let me know ^.^
I hope you all have a wonderful night/morning/afternoon!





Disclaimer: I saw this idea somewhere on the internet and wanted to try it out, but I dont remember where I saw it so I am unable to give credit.





No comments:

Post a Comment