Thursday, December 5, 2013

❄Frozen!❄

Hey Kittens! :)
Today I went and saw Frozen!
I've been wanting to see this since it came I finally got to go see it and so today's blogmas post will be a review of FROZEN 
(don't worry, no spoilers)



So first I want to mention the short that played at the beginning of the movie.
Well for starters I love the Disney shorts that have been in front of movies recently. Wreck-it-Ralphs short, Paperman was so adorable but this one is my favorite short so far because it stars Mickey! 

It starts out in the style of a black and white short



Then it incorporates the newer 3D animation.
I'm a huge Disney fan and I love mickey mouse so maybe I'm a bit biased but I feel like these shorts are like Disney going the extra mile.


NOW ON TO THE FROZEN REVIEW

The Story

The story starts out with two sisters:
 Elsa the older sister, and Anna the younger sister



Elsa has ice powers and can make snow and ice appear with a flick of her wrist.
The sisters played in snow Elsa would create and they were very close sibling,
but something happens while they are playing as kids, and Elsa shuts herself away until she can control her powers.

Fast forward 10+ years and Elsa and Anna are preparing for the coronation for Elsa to become queen of Arendelle. During the coronation Elsa is upset by Anna and runs away into the mountains freezing all of Arendelle.
Anna then chases after Elsa to get back her sister and to free the town thats going in a deep winter.


During her voyage to get her sister Anna meets an Kristoff and his reindeer Sven. He becomes her guide to the top of the mountain where they meet Olaf the snowman.

Olaf directs them to where Elsa is and from there Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven all help Anna try and find a way to free Arendelle from the eternal snow that her sister created

Keep in mind I'm just barely scraping the surface of this movies story. 
The story was very well thought out and  wasn't at all what I expected.
It takes so many unexpected twists and turns and I really enjoyed it.
Just like Wreck-it-Ralph and Tangled, if gave me chills of happiness and that warm fuzzy feeling that older Disney movies gave me as a child.


The Characters

Elsa


It was so hard to find a picture of Elsa where she didn't look like an ice queen. In my opinion Elsa is adorable. She is very caring but also very timid and that is one of her downfalls. Elsa's timid personality makes the scenes where you see her smile even more heartwarming.



Anna


Anna is the clumsy younger sister of Elsa.
She is very relatable and realistic. She has moments of awkwardness, humor, and her character fits very well next to Elsa's
She is sometimes naive and hopeful when no one else is, but this is what I love about her character. She is like the summer to Elsa's winter
Both her and her sister make fantastic additions to all of the Disney Princess'



Kristoff



An ice harvester who's best friend is a reindeer Sven. He keeps to himself and prefers his reindeer over people. He is very independent and doesnt feel like he needs anyone but his trusty reindeer by his side. When Anna asks him to accompany here on her adventure to find her sister, he is very reluctant, but goes along with it anyway. He calls it like it is and he gives Anna's naive mind a reality check on more then one occasion.
He is a very likable character, and adds humor and sarcasm into the story, somewhat like Flinn did in Tangled.
Sven


Sven is Kristoff's childhood friend and reindeer. He is an adorable side character that adds charm, and humor when he is on screen.


Olaf



A lot of people were talking about how Olaf seemed annoying, and when he was first introduced in the movie I was afraid that everyone was right. Throughout the movie I found him more likable. He wasn't in any scenes where he didn't need to be, and also had a couple touching scenes of his own. He was a cute character that added humor (especially around Sven) and I ended up enjoying his character by the end of the movie.


THE SOUND
The whole soundtrack for this movie reminded me so much of older disney movies. Especially Elsa's song Let it go. If you are familiar at all with Disney at all you know that most movies have a lot of singing in them, and this one is no different, but the have perfected when to play each type of song and I thought all of the songs were done at the right moments.
There are feel good songs and empowering songs.
Disney stayed true to its roots with this one.


THE VISUALS



This movie is so breathtaking, I cant even describe how beautiful it was. If you've seen it you know what Im talking about. The ice, and snow is so beautifully animated and there is always so much to look at on screen. (once again it reminds me of the amount of detail there was in Wreck-it-Ralph)







FINAL THOUGHTS
After a lot of thought, and also adding the amount of personal enjoyment I got out of this movie I give it a
9.5 out of 10
and I highly recommend seeing it in theaters!
This movie had be almost in tears on a few different occasions.
If you like Disney you will love this movie.


Movies I recommend to watch if you havent seen them and enjoy this movie :


  

Wreck-it-Ralph & Tangled

2 comments:

  1. omg, I've been dying to see this movie! Thanks for the post ♡ Have a lovely day! xo

    http://pastel-mermaid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review Brittany. No matter what, the kids will love it. Most parents will do, too, and I think that's what matters the most as well.

    ReplyDelete